Wings of Fire RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A roleplaying site based off of the Wings of Fire series by Tui T. Sutherland. Dive into the world of Pyrrhia and sail through the skies with your fellow dragons.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sculpting in the Sun

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
SimplyMysty
Dragonet
Dragonet
SimplyMysty

Sculpting in the Sun - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sculpting in the Sun   Sculpting in the Sun - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 4:22 pm

"You know nothing," she snapped once again, beginning to loose her patience. This dragon was beginning to get on her nerves. "What would you know, flea? Do you really want poisonous barb lodged between your forehead? Because that can be arranged."
Back to top Go down
FireFang
Hatchling
Hatchling
FireFang

PostSubject: Re: Sculpting in the Sun   Sculpting in the Sun - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 4:24 pm

"I'd rather not, but I'd like to merely travel with you." Chaosbringer smirked. "I mean such a pretty SandWing should never travel somewhat alone."
Back to top Go down
SimplyMysty
Dragonet
Dragonet
SimplyMysty

PostSubject: Re: Sculpting in the Sun   Sculpting in the Sun - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 4:31 pm

She stared at him. Was it... He... Flirting with her!?
Mirage hissed, beating her wings against a vent of air. "Um, no," she retorted, her optics narrowing further. 'If I strike the shoulder, it might have a chance to duck and avoid. However, a blow to the head would dizzy it and then I could easily bring my tail against it...' Mirage hesitated, yet did not show any movements of an assault, instead, rather feistily she inquired, "Aren't NightWing suppose to reside in the Rainforest?"
Back to top Go down
FireFang
Hatchling
Hatchling
FireFang

PostSubject: Re: Sculpting in the Sun   Sculpting in the Sun - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 4:33 pm

"I was just wandering around." Chaosbringer smiled.
Back to top Go down
SimplyMysty
Dragonet
Dragonet
SimplyMysty

PostSubject: Re: Sculpting in the Sun   Sculpting in the Sun - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 4:42 pm

"The Rainforst is no where NEAR the SandWing Kingdom!" She muttered, continuing to glare. "You have to fly for miles. That isn't simply 'wandering' like you say!" Mirage's black necklace dulled as the light finally disappeared through the hills. It was officially night and her brothers would be worried! She could just imagine Sultry smirking in the corner... The thought made her shudder.
Back to top Go down
FireFang
Hatchling
Hatchling
FireFang

PostSubject: Re: Sculpting in the Sun   Sculpting in the Sun - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 4:44 pm

"I got lost. I admit." Chaosbringer said. "So sorry for the trouble I've caused you, deary."
Back to top Go down
SimplyMysty
Dragonet
Dragonet
SimplyMysty

PostSubject: Re: Sculpting in the Sun   Sculpting in the Sun - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 4:47 pm

"...Deary?" She echoed in complete distaste. "Did you seriously just call me... Deary?" Mirage lunged forward, knocking into the NightWing. She made them both plummet to the ground where she pinned him. Her tail was inches away from his throat. "Call me deary again, I dare you."
Back to top Go down
FireFang
Hatchling
Hatchling
FireFang

PostSubject: Re: Sculpting in the Sun   Sculpting in the Sun - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 4:51 pm

"Okay then. I won't." Chaosbringer said. He smirked and touched his muzzle up to hers.
Back to top Go down
SimplyMysty
Dragonet
Dragonet
SimplyMysty

PostSubject: Re: Sculpting in the Sun   Sculpting in the Sun - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 4:55 pm

She jerked away from him, rearing onto her hinds. HE JUST...
Mirage hissed at him, leaping into the air. It was apparent he'd keep what they had done a secret. She didn't have to remain here any longer with him... harssing her. The female dragon growled, shaking herself. 'Eww...' She thought, not bothering to look back.
Back to top Go down
FireFang
Hatchling
Hatchling
FireFang

PostSubject: Re: Sculpting in the Sun   Sculpting in the Sun - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 5:04 pm

"What?!" Chaosbringer yelled. "I not good enough for your little uptight self?!"
Back to top Go down
SimplyMysty
Dragonet
Dragonet
SimplyMysty

PostSubject: Re: Sculpting in the Sun   Sculpting in the Sun - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 5:10 pm

"No," she called down on him and for some strange reason she attempted to catch Desert's eye before winging away again.
"Insolent piece of bird dung," she hissed, grinding her teeth. Mirage continued onward, hoping she had heard the last of this NightWing. What if it did spill their secret? Then Desert and her would be on the run... However, she didn't quite mind the SandWing at all. It was only when she reached her destination was when she stopped thinking. She circled once before folding her wings and landing. Mirage looked around, searching for black scales. 'No signs of a NightWing... Yet...' She thought grimly.
Back to top Go down
FireFang
Hatchling
Hatchling
FireFang

PostSubject: Re: Sculpting in the Sun   Sculpting in the Sun - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 5:44 pm

Chaosbringer's teeth locked together. 'Dang it!' he thought. 'There's goes a chance! I'll follow her...'
Back to top Go down
SimplyMysty
Dragonet
Dragonet
SimplyMysty

PostSubject: Re: Sculpting in the Sun   Sculpting in the Sun - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 5:54 pm

Mirage slunk through the alleyways, avoiding eye-contact with any of the SandWings that happened to be wandering listlessly at night. She navigated through the Scorpion's den when she suddenly caught sight of a familiar den; her home. The candles were on inside as she rushed toward the door. She gave it a gentle tap, awaiting for a response. To her surprise, Sultry was the one who opened it for her. Mirage stiffened as her sister's gaze became grim with disappointment. "Your back..." She muttered. "Did they find you?"
Hesitantly she echoed, "they?"
Sultry rolled her eyes, "your brothers. They went out looking for you about an hour ago."
"Oh... Uh... I never saw them," she confessed, alert now.
Back to top Go down
FireFang
Hatchling
Hatchling
FireFang

PostSubject: Re: Sculpting in the Sun   Sculpting in the Sun - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 6:02 pm

Chaosbringer flew in the direction Mirage did.
Back to top Go down
QueenClam
Admin
Admin
QueenClam

PostSubject: Re: Sculpting in the Sun   Sculpting in the Sun - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 6:30 pm

Desert glared at the NightWing too. But deep inside he had questions. Why was a NightWing here in the SandWing kingdom? He knew that the SandWings didn't have a good relationship with them. Desert shook his head as he saw Mirage start to fly away. Oh Great! What now? Soon he saw the NightWing follow her and growled. "You piece of Lava. Don't you dare hurt Mirage!" He growled under his throat.

Before Chaosbringer can follow Mirage he attacked him and said, "STAY OUT OF OUR BUISNESS!" He hissed and then went back into flight staying far away from Mirage so that she won't see him. When she went to her den he dug dove into the sand and dug himself so that only his nose, eyes and ears were showing. He would watch and wait. And HEY! Maybe inside would be jewels and gems he can steal!
Back to top Go down
FireFang
Hatchling
Hatchling
FireFang

PostSubject: Re: Sculpting in the Sun   Sculpting in the Sun - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 6:34 pm

Chaosbringer pulled himself up and flew a different path to find Mirage.
Back to top Go down
QueenClam
Admin
Admin
QueenClam

PostSubject: Re: Sculpting in the Sun   Sculpting in the Sun - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 6:39 pm

"Oh… Uh… I never saw them." Mirage said.
Desert hissed under his breath, "Hmm, so that's her sister? or her cousin… I'm guessing sister." He turned his ears to an oncoming dragon.
NOT THIS GUY AGAIN! He screamed in his head.
Back to top Go down
FireFang
Hatchling
Hatchling
FireFang

PostSubject: Re: Sculpting in the Sun   Sculpting in the Sun - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 6:44 pm

Chaosbringer's dark colour matched with the turning sky. 'Good...' he thought.
Back to top Go down
SimplyMysty
Dragonet
Dragonet
SimplyMysty

PostSubject: Re: Sculpting in the Sun   Sculpting in the Sun - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 6:46 pm

Wingbeats signaled the approach of two dragons. As if fate had been with her the entire time, the SandWing duo dropped to the ground. "We couldn't find her...-" the broader one started worriedly, yet was cut off when he spotted Mirage.
"MIRAGE!" They both shouted in unison. Sultry just rolled her eyes once more before dispersing into their den.
Drought, the third eldest sibling embraced Mirage, murmuring words of comfort even though she did not need them. Black Blizzard, obviously the eldest due to his size, sighed in relief. "Where have you been?" He demanded seriously, however, the softness in his eyes made Mirage a bit more relaxed. Gently, she pushed off Drought. "I was craving," she said truthfully.
Black Blizzard's eyes narrowed. "You don't usually remain up this long," he implied softly. He shifted his stance. Black Blizzard had the same diamond like markings Mirage did. Yet unlike most SandWings, his spiked crest was black matching his horns and talons. His muzzle was also the same complex.
"Well?" He asked again when Mirage didn't respond. "I don't mean to sound bossy..." He went on. "I just want to make sure your safe." Mirage flattened her ears guiltily but once again stated she had been carving.
Drought stared at his brother and shrugged, "she was carving then." Obviously unconvinced, Black nodded to the house. "Come on. I left the Scorpion stew cooking."
Back to top Go down
FireFang
Hatchling
Hatchling
FireFang

PostSubject: Re: Sculpting in the Sun   Sculpting in the Sun - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 6:51 pm

Chaosbringer flicked his ear as he listened.
Back to top Go down
QueenClam
Admin
Admin
QueenClam

PostSubject: Re: Sculpting in the Sun   Sculpting in the Sun - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 7:08 pm

Desert's stomach rumbled. Scorpion Stew! That sounded good. He licked his mouth through the sand and got a mouthful of grains. "Pttttththhh" He made that noise quietly as to not be noticed.
Back to top Go down
SimplyMysty
Dragonet
Dragonet
SimplyMysty

PostSubject: Re: Sculpting in the Sun   Sculpting in the Sun - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2015 7:40 am

Black Blizzard paused for a moment as if having heard something. He nudged Mirage inside before nodding to Drought. "We don't want to encounter any bandits tonight," he stated. His brother cocked his head before disappearing inside without a word. Giving one last glance around the proximity, he, too, slipped inside.
Mirage was greeted by a delicious scent that billowed from inside the kitchen. Sultry stared at them as the entered. "Food's nearly done," was all she said. Black Blizzard gave a soft smile at Sultry. "Good. Isn't Scorpion Stew just your favorite?" She mumbled under her breath, "sure." Drought wrinkled his nose. "Ah, sister, don't be so rude. Black Blizzard made it especially for you."
"Of course," she responded flatly.
The dragons gathered around the table- a decent sized boulder- and arranged themselves in seating order.
Black Blizzard reached the container containing the stew before depositing portions in each bowl. He handed them out one at a time.
Mirage stared at her sloshing serving. The liquid was a grayish orange with pieces of garlic sprinkled across its surface. A few cooked carrots floated lazily around and she spotted a few shredded pieces of rattlesnake meat. Yet the most apparent ingredient was the plethora of black scorpions.
"Isn't this lovely," Drought said, scooping a mouthful of the stew with his maw. "You seriously have a great secret recipe, Black!"
Their oldest sibling grinned faintly. "All in a day's work; scorpion is especially good when cooked."
"Is that your secret? Cooking it? Because there's no other dragon I know that can make this good of a stew!"
"No, brother," he told him, his smiling broadening. "That is not my secret."
"I will find out what it is," Drought stated darkly before bursting out laughing.
Mirage couldn't help but giggle at their antics. Sultry, however, remained stirring her stew as if it had been contaminated.
Black Blizzard followed Mirage's gaze and cleared his throat. "Is something wrong, Sultry?"
"No," she said dully.
Mirage awkwardly tasted her brew, not wanting to see Sultry's venomous look toward her. Drought had been right; it was spectacular! Even though she had tasted it many times before, she couldn't help lick her lips thoroughly.
"Are you sure?" Black Blizzard was pressing.
Sultry was continued glaring at Mirage. "Her," She finally said softly.
"The Scorpion's stock is low, let me go check on it," Mirage interrupted, her heart beginning to beat faster. She took a hurried sip of her stew before racing outside. "Mirage, wait-!"
Drought's voice was cut off as she darted into the air.
What had she ever done to deserve the dislike her sister gave her? When they had been younger, both of them had been great friends. Had it something to do with Mother? Mirage cringed at the thought of Barren. The last thing she wanted to do was stress her brothers at a serene dinner. She'd just take a quiet flight and return when she knew it was right. 'Why didn't I bring some of the brew? I could have found Desert and given him my share...' She stared around at the night. 'Maybe he wouldn't mind me coming. What if he's sleeping?' Mirage sighed, keeping a vigilance around her surroundings.
Back to top Go down
QueenClam
Admin
Admin
QueenClam

PostSubject: Re: Sculpting in the Sun   Sculpting in the Sun - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2015 2:49 pm

Desert poked his head out of the sand to look at Mirage, "Hey, leave any food for me? I'm starving!" He tried to say it in a natural way. His voice croaked from the sand still in his throat and he coughed several times. "I smell Scorpion Stew."
Back to top Go down
SimplyMysty
Dragonet
Dragonet
SimplyMysty

PostSubject: Re: Sculpting in the Sun   Sculpting in the Sun - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2015 2:58 pm

Mirage jumped, whirling around to face Desert. "Oh.. I was considering bringing you some but I forgot. I am so sorry," she stated miserable, plopping onto the sand. "But..." She trailed off, reaching into her satchel. She frew out a round, white blob. "It's a rattlesnake dumpling," she explained, handing a piece to him. "I made it up, so my apologizes if it tastes foul..." She trailed off, averting his gaze. All the SandWings she had given a piece of her own food had enjoyed the taste, however, since she was in such a bitter mood, she didn't feel like commenting something nice about her work.
Back to top Go down
QueenClam
Admin
Admin
QueenClam

PostSubject: Re: Sculpting in the Sun   Sculpting in the Sun - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2015 3:25 pm

"I heard what your sister said. Does she know?" Desert asked.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sculpting in the Sun   Sculpting in the Sun - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sculpting in the Sun
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wings of Fire RPG :: Pyrrhia :: Kingdom of Sand-
Jump to: